Considering Changing Agent?
If your home is already on the market, and you want to stay with your current estate agent, I completely understand. There are good reasons to avoid being too hasty:
- You may be leaving the better agent, (but you may not!)
- If you give your agent the opportunity to continue marketing for a longer term, rather than interrupting the process and changing agent, it may well bear fruit.
- The agent may be nurturing some excellent buyers in the background.
- Many agents make a significant up-front investment in order to offer you a premium service, especially if your property is high value. Professional photography, stylists, drone photography, bespoke brochures and social media marketing don’t come cheap, and take time to implement.
- The agent may be mid way through a marketing plan. The successful strategy may be just around the corner.
- If you change agent, Rightmove will mark your old property listing with the old agent as ‘No longer on the market’. There will be no link to your new agent’s listing. This means that if a potential buyer saved your house as a favourite, and came back to Rightmove to arrange a viewing after you had changed agents, they would see ‘No longer on the market’ against your property, and would naturally assume that your house was no longer available.
Here are some reasons why you might want me to sell your home:
- I offer a personal one to one service.
- You will deal with me in person from first contact to completion.
- I am honest, direct, and a straight talker (it’s congenital for me!)
- No limited hours – contact me at any time, on any day.
- If I don’t reply, I am usually driving, sleeping, or on the phone!
- Expert knowledge of narrowboats, moorings, and canalside property.
- Professional photography by a qualified photographer.
- Excellent marketing reach, with some unusual bonuses
- Superb support from my brilliant colleagues in eXp.
If you are considering a change, please bear in mind that you may need to wait for your existing contract to come to an end. Check your contract carefully as you may be liable for the previous agent’s fees in certain circumstances.
If you’d like to discuss your options further, please give me a call on 07891 718211.